iNetwork’s Privacy Notice v4.0
What is iNetwork?
iNetwork is a public sector partnership which supports local public service organisations to collaborate, innovate and transform. iNetwork is hosted by Tameside Council and iNetwork is formally accountable to Tameside Council.
In general, you may visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. Our servers collect the domain names, the operating system in use (e.g., Macintosh, Windows) and browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer). This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, etc. iNetwork uses this information to measure the use of our site and to improve the content of our site.
E-mail addresses and other personally identifiable information such as first and last name, mobile telephone number, and other similar information are known only when voluntarily provided by a visitor for registration or other participation in any available online interactive activities.
You will be given the opportunity to opt in to receive additional marketing correspondence from iNetwork by email.
After you have registered, you may opt out or change your preferences at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link in the footer of any iNetwork marketing email you receive from us, or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting removal from any network or communication groups supported by iNetwork.
How we process data
iNetwork will be the ‘data controller’ under the General Data Protection Regulation, and any personal data you provide will be kept on file for our reference. This allows us to process your use of membership or other services efficiently and gain a better understanding of your requirements. We may require you to submit personally identifiable information to enable you to make use of certain services. The information we collect and process about you may include;
- Information you provide to us during your engagement in iNetwork services or the procurement of them, this personal data is most often your name, email address and contact details
- Information you provide to us by filling in forms on the iNetwork website
- Information you provide to us as part of the registration process to attend conferences, workshops and other events organized by iNetwork.
- Information you provide to us as part of the registration process to become a member of the North West Warning, Advice and Reporting Point (NW WARP)
- Information collected through correspondence with our teams, including by phone, email and post
- Information you provide to us in order to register for newsletters, on line services, Filtered Warning Alerts for the North West WARP and operational messages
- Information shared during social media interactions with you
- Statistical data about your interactions with the iNetwork website and iNetwork marketing messages, for example through email or through online advertising.
- Information you provide to us for recruitment purposes
Use of information
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing services to you as an individual and to your organisation or organisations paying for the service
- Communicating with you and sending you information in relation to a specific iNetwork programme you are involved with or other related iNetwork activity
- Accounting, billing and audit
- Credit and other payment card verification and screening
- If an event is sponsored, delegate name and organization will be shared with sponsor except in the instance where delegates have opted out. Delegates will be given an opportunity to opt out during the registration process.
- Photographs will be taken at our events. Delegates will be given the opportunity to opt out during the registration process.
- Safety and security
- Health, administrative and legal purposes
- Customer surveys
- Customer relations
- Marketing, including recommending additional iNetwork services we feel would be relevant to you.
- To help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preferences
Where the information is held
Your details may be held in the following locations:
- Tameside secure servers
- Mailchimp https://mailchimp.com/
- Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/
- Knowledge Hub https://www.khub.net/
By providing personal details during registration you are consenting to the use of those details for the purposes of identifying you as a unique user.
The information you provide when registering will not be shared with any other entity or organisation, without your explicit consent, aside from our service providers who operate elements of our service and process data on our behalf, and apart from your username, which will appear on blog entries, submissions to forums and other submissions you make for inclusion on the website.
We will not use the information submitted through the registration process on the Website for any other purpose if you indicate that you do not want us to, and we will not pass your contact details to any third party for the purpose of making any marketing communication to you without having first received your explicit consent.
All data collected will only be used for the specific purpose for which it was sought and to which you consented. It will not be used for any other purpose whatsoever. Any personal data we hold on you will be deleted or updated upon request and any inaccurate or misleading data held will be changed or deleted upon your request.
Information sharing and disclosure
iNetwork will only send personally identifiable information about you to other organisations when we have your consent. We will only pass information on in order to provide the information or service you have requested.
iNetwork will not disclose your personal data under any other circumstances than described in this privacy notice without your consent, unless iNetwork is legally required to do so.
iNetwork marketing communications will always come from us and we never share your personal data with any advertising Third Party.
Retention of personal data
We retain the data you provide, including data we collect when you use our services and facilities, for a reasonable period of time or as long as the law requires us to retain the information. If you wish to amend the personal data you have submitted online or during engagement in a service, you are able to update your preferences via MailChimp platform OR by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
If you no longer wish receive information from us, you are able to unsubscribe at any time via the electronic newsletters that we send using MailChimp platform or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of the data we hold on you will be provided on request. Any request of this nature should be directed to the e-mail address shown at the bottom of this notice.
Next review date: